This item is drop shipped to the UK only and the price includes UK shipping to Mainland UK, excluding remote areas, Highlands and Islands.
This lightweight folding solar kit is designed to provide free power for charging 12V batteries, for example in vehicles and boats (motorhome, caravan, camper, narrow boat, yacht etc) or any other systems with a 12V battery or battery bank. It comes with everything required for battery charging and can be used immediately - simply connect it to your battery and find a well-lit area for the folding solar panels.
This folding solar charging kit includes:
- Lightweight 50W + 50W aluminium-reinforced solar panels with a durable ETFE coating
- High-efficiency waterproof 10A MPPT solar charge controller
- Adjustable aluminium folding stand
- Battery cable with crocodile clips for ease of connection
- Protective storage case
- Installation manual
Solar panel specifications (both panels):
- Peak power: 100W
- Maximum power voltage: 19.1V
- Maximum power current: 5.23A
- Open circuit voltage: 22.6V
- Short circuit current: 6.07A
- Power allowance: +/- 3%
- Dimensions: 61.5 x 56.5 x 5 cm (folded)
- Weight: 5.5kg
- Incredibly lightweight (only 5.5 kg) and easily transportable using the inbuilt handles and protective case.
- Suitable for all weather conditions - the kit is 100% waterproof, even including the solar charge controller fitted on the back.
- High efficiency 50W + 50W folding solar panels are made of high quality German 5-busbar monocrystalline solar cells.
- Advanced 10A MPPT solar charge controller extracts the maximum power from the solar panels whilst providing complete safety protection.
- Adjustable aluminium folding stand for positioning the solar panels towards direct sunlight to maximise their ouput.
- Sturdy storage case made with a layer of protective foam to prevent accidental damage to the solar kit.
High-efficiency MPPT solar charge controller
The waterproof, high-efficiency 10A MPPT solar charge controller mounted on the back of the solar kit constantly measures the battery's state of charge to select the most appropriate charging parameters. The Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) functionality offers increased efficiency compared to standard PWM charge controllers, and ensures that the solar kit provides as much power as possible . The controller also provides important safety protection for the battery against overcharging, reverse current / polarity, overheating and overload.
This kit is suitable for 12V lead acid batteries.