The CTEK C250SA battery to battery charger replaces a vehicles split charging system and also allows the addition of a solar controller to charge both your leisure and starter batteries from the Solar Panel.
When the Engine is running the intelligent charger uses the alternator to charge the leisure battery from the starter battery, once the engine stops the Solar Panels take over and keep the leisure battery topped up. The charger will then automatically trickle charge the starter battery to keep that topped up.
It's a clever piece of kit. We could never explain it as well as CTEK can, so heres the Copy and Paste:
With award winning Swedish technology, the dual input D250SA allows you to enjoy your vehicle more with maximized battery capacity as the ideal charger for vehicles without access to a mains power supply.
The D250SA is a fully automatic, 5 step charger that supplies up to 20A of power to any 12V lead acid service battery from 40-300Ah, including Wet, EFB, MF, Ca/Ca, AGM and Gel. It has selectable charge voltages for AGM batteries and can use power through its dual input from alternator, solar panel and wind power. When the service battery is fully charged, the D250SA will automatically redirect maintenance charge power to the starter battery. The D250SA can maintain a stable output up to 20A to vehicles fitted with smart ECU controlled alternators and also has a temperature sensor for optimised charging, regardless of weather conditions.
- 20A fully automatic temperature compensated charging for batteries from 40-300Ah while you’re on the move
- Dual input (solar and alternator in parallel)
- Smart alternator compatible
- Battery separation replacing diodes and VSR relays
- Solar panel regulator with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Selectable AGM option – 14.4V or 14.7V
- Maximised charging for better battery life and performance
- Temperature sensor to compensate for hot or cold conditions
- Splash and dust proof (IP65)
- Compatible with SMARTPASS 120 for the ultimate 140A power management solution
- 2-year warranty
- 11.5-23V, 25A
- 14.4/14.7V, 20A max
- Back current drain*
- Corresponding to less than 1Ah/month
- Ambient temperature
- -20˚C to +50˚C (- 4°F to +122°F)
- Battery types
- All types of lead-acid batteries, 12V, WET, MF, Ca/Ca, AGM, EFB, GEL
- Battery capacity
- 2 years
- Insulation class
- Less than 4%